Monday, December 6, 2010

Nahl (Honey bee) - A Sign from God

I had made a calligraphic piece of a honey bee which contains the verses from Quran, Surat al Nahl which itself means Honey Bee. The verses are given below :


68 And your Lord taught the bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in habitations;
69 Then to eat of all the produce, and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: truly in this is a sign for those who give thought.

Looking into the meaning of these verses actually made me to think about this creature. And as stated in Quran, the honey is a main ingredient in the Ayurvedic medicines. According to ayurveda is one of the five elixirs of immorality.

Jewish Kashurath law states pure honey is kosher even though its not from a kosher creature.

In Islam, Quran, Hadith states about this creature and in hadith Prophet Muhammed strongly recommend the healing properties of Honey.



Apart from that hope all of you liked this work.


4 comments:

Dr. Shalva Weil said...

Hi Toufeek, This is Dr. Shalva (author of "India's Jewish Heritage" which sells in the bookshop diagonally opposite Sara Auntie). I have seen you several times but we've never really talked since I was always with others e.g. Sammy Uncle. I am very impressed by your calligraphy and also by your blog. I have many questions. What is your email? Best, Shalva Weil

Thoufeek Zakriya said...

Hai,
glad to see your comment on my blog.
Thanking you for that.
My email id is thoufeekzak@gmail.com
mail me we will touch...
Regards.

Anonymous said...

Are u active now

Thoufeek Zakriya said...

Yes I am