Friday, April 24, 2009

Replica of Torah

Torah the jewish holy book has been a more valuable book to them and most of the people belonging to other religion dose'nt know any thing about it .But to the people of cochin and tourists in cochin, there was a chance to see it in paradesi synagogue but now it is no more opened to the curious visitors.But even i am a Muslim i have seen it twice and bit amazed to know that it was made of kosher (clean) animal skin.After that i tried to learn more about that and decided to make one replica of it.And sucessfully finished it.The image given below is the scroll made by me with thick handmade paper. only the ten commenments and following chapters are there.




Then i had made a minature torah with same material and its height is only 4 inches this is the image.and i had gifted it to my new friend Jono David who is a jewish photographer when he came to cochin for photographing the old synagogues.You can visit the photo library of jews around the world in his website
http://www.jewishphotolibrary.com/



A comparison in the size of my two Torahs
will give you a idea about its size.



The close view to my Torah. I have tried to make it error free and hope no error is there and once i took it to Samuel hallegua the warden of the jewish community in cochin to him on that day i had gifted a
oil painting

of menorah done by me. And one hebrew ten commandment in an old paper.He gave me a good comment on it.



Then when i went to the house one Malabari jewish family in Trichur,kerala.Mr.Namiah and Ruby Namiah they were amazed to see a replica of Torah made by a Muslim.
here is the photo of Mr.Namiah with my Torah scroll.



Hope you all will like it

2 comments:

Hillary Miller said...

Dear Thoufeek, thank you for visiting my blog which gave me the opportunity to visit yours and see the marvelous things you are doing! I would be interested in reading your profile to find out where you live and what is your profession, and so forth. Perhaps you will post that information on your blog? I look forward to seeing more calligraphy from you --Hillary

Anonymous said...

I be enduring interpret a few of the articles on your website trendy, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web age muster and disposition be checking back soon. Divert report register out my position as ok and fail me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.